There are several other oversight groups involved in the FOCUS program:
The Colorado Nonprofit Development Center (CNDC) is the fiscal agent for FOCUS. CNDC manages FOCUS’ fiscal and legal responsibilities. FOCUS is also included in CNDC’s annual audit. Our Executive Director submits quarterly reports to CNDC on the state of the organization and its activities. For more about CNDC and its mission visit their website: www.cndc.org
The FOCUS Board of Directors reviews the activities of the entire organization and serves to keep program activities aligned with the overall mission for a safer community and reduced recidivism.
- Ken Miller, Project Revive, Chairman
- Prescott Knock, Buddhist Coalition for Bodhisattva Activity
- The Rev. Dr. Stan Adamson, St. Andrew Presbyterian Church
- Prof. Joanne Belknap, Professor of Sociology, Institute of Behavioral Sciences, University of Colorado
- Jana Hoisington Matthews, Education Program Specialist
- Brent Hultman, Commercial Insurance Specialist, Taggart Insurance
- Tom Bugnitz, CEO, Colorado Association for Manufacturing and Technology
The FOCUS Advisory Council membership consists of criminal justice professionals who review the program activities, contribute leading edge information on new reentry initiatives and program directions, help formulate policy decisions, and share practical information and professional experience.
- Joshua Dunkle, Probation Office
- Peg Rider, Footsteps Program
- Elise Flesher, Longmont Police Dept
- William Karelis, Shambhala Prison Community
- Lisa Michaels, District Attorneys Office
- Jennifer Edmiston, FOCUS Staff and Program Graduate
- Tracey Goldenberg, M.A., Psychotherapist and NIC Researcher and Trainer
The FOCUS Review Board meets bimonthly to review the mentor matches and the issues which arise. All mentors attend these meetings which provide a venue in which mentors can exchange their experiences and questions, then receive insights into their mentoring situations from professionals in the field and from each other.
Review Board Members
- Tanina Davanzo, Psychotherapist
- Christopher Randol, MA, Psychotherapist
- Joe Klein, Psychotherapist
The Mentor Advisors provide a fourth level of oversight. They are private psychotherapists and master social workers who work with individual mentors or small groups of mentors and serve as a resource for addressing emotional or psychological issues that arise in a mentor/mentee match. They contribute to the mentors’ skill set in working with difficult situations.
If you are interested in volunteering in any of the capacities described, please complete the form below (PDF or Word document available) and either
- Email it to us at email@example.com, or
- Print and Fax to 720-304-6556, or
- Print and mail to:
3700 Baseline Road
Boulder, CO 80303